A&A SUPERCHARGER KIT, 1997-04 CORVETTE C5 & Z06 Sale
- Regular price $5,650.00
Vendor: Corvette Innovationz
Includes injectors and fuel system upgrade.
The A&A Supercharger kit brings you dramatic increases in power while not degrading everyday drivability or highway gas mileage! The system utilizes a large blow off valve that remains open at cruise and light throttle. This, essentially, allows the supercharger to freewheel under normal conditions, reducing parasitic loss to less than that of an alternator.
A naturally aspirated engine would require higher compression, a very aggressive camshaft, high flow cylinder heads with heavy duty valvetrain, exhaust headers with free flowing exhaust, larger throttle body, high flow intake manifold, free flowing air filter housing and duct, etc. Most of these parts are NOT emissions legal. The price of these components alone is higher than a supercharger system. The labor to install these is also much higher. Then there are the inherent problems brought to the vehicle by such a build. A large camshaft all but ruins everyday drivability AND gas mileage. Driving in traffic becomes a very trying experience. A stick shift car will buck and surge and an automatic car will be hard to hold back because of the increased idle speed required. Low speed torque is reduced with an aggressive camshaft which will require lower differential gearing and a high speed stall torque converter (automatic cars) to make up for it. This further degrades drivability and gas mileage. With all the components required for a high performance naturally aspirated car, the degradation in drivability and gas mileage, the total inability of the vehicle to pass emissions tests and the added expenditure, the vehicle would STILL have up to 100HP less than a stock Corvette with one of A&A's standard systems bolted on.
Average increase TO THE REAR WHEELS is approximately 175 RWHP! No other modification, in this price range, even comes close.
A&A SYSTEM ADVANTAGES OVER THE COMPETITIONSuperior Belt Drive System
- Belt wrap is the key to eliminating belt slip and A&A's proprietary bracket system offers more belt wrap than any other system on the market.
- A&A's bracket is CNC machined from 5/8 high quality 6061 aluminum plate and fly cut on both sides to assure absolute consistency in thickness. This is imperative for proper belt alignment.
- A&A's brackets are constantly quality checked by assembling on A&A's mock up engine and checking alignment with a laser aligner.
- A&A's intercooler design has evolved, through constant testing, into the most efficient intercooler system available for the late model Corvette.
- A&A's intercoolers rely on superior air management of the charge air as well as the ambient cooling airflow. Both are equally important and are often overlooked by the competition. With the limited space available in a Corvette, positioning of the intercooler is critical.
- A large intercooler that is hidden behind the frame is not as efficient as a smaller intercooler that is exposed to full frontal airflow.
- We not only use a large intercooler, but we are able to ram more cooling air through the core with A&A's Ram Air intercooler design. The integral scoop captures air from under the front fascia and forces it through the core. The entire core is exposed to this cooling air stream.
- Other designs allow air to travel over and around the intercooler.
- The interior of A&A's intercoolers differ from the competition also. We utilize directional vanes in the lower tank to direct charge air evenly across the intercooler core. This is an expensive but very important addition.
C5 is a “Bottom Breather”. Incoming airflow is drawn in from under the car, rather than through a large grille opening as in later models. This requires a different approach as to how to get adequate airflow through the intercooler.
Just putting an intercooler in front of the radiator does little more than block the radiator. The factory shroud (that large plastic piece that slopes down from the top of the radiator to the front bumper) is gone, so what is there to force the air through the intercooler and radiator? Furthermore, with that shroud gone, what is there to stop the airflow from just going off into the fender wells on either side of the radiator as well as up into the bumper itself? The straight answer is NOTHING!
A&A is the ONLY system that looks at this problem and actually does something about it. We have CNC formed aluminum panels that seal this whole area off so the airflow is trapped in the radiator cavity and forced into the radiator. This approach helps engine cooling tremendously.
- The A&A system is one of the best looking systems around.
- Fit and finish is second to none. A&A's brackets, ductwork and the supercharger, itself, are all show polished.
- A&A'stop shroud fits perfectly and is powder coated satin black to compliment the polished components.
- All the visible couplers are high quality silicone and A&A's T Band clamps are polished stainless steel.
- The entire system fits snuggly under your stock hood.
- Youll be proud to show off your engine compartment with your A&A Supercharger system installed.
- Proprietary Vortech head unit in Si or Ti Trims (other sizes available)
- Full width Ram Air Intercooler with replaceable scoop and mounting brackets
- Large 4 ½” inlet duct with re-usable high flow filter
- 60# Siemens injectors (larger sizes available)
- Racetronix or Lingenfelter fuel pump (03-04 uses Kenne Bell Boost a Pump)
- 38MM or 50 MM Raceport blowoff valve. (52 MM “Big Bubba available)
- NGK TR6 spark plugs pre-gapped to .035”
- Crank pinning kit with new OE bolt
- A&A's superior bracket system with fully adjustable billet tensioner
- Aluminum surround panels to enclose the radiator cavity
- 4 ply silicone hoses formed specifically to navigate the C5 engine compartment
- Stainless steel “constant tension clamps” for secure connections
- Mandrel bent polished aluminum MAF tube with bead rolled ends (black powder coat available)
- Upper radiator brackets to support radiator, fan and condenser assembly.
- Powder-coated top shroud
- Hardware kit with vacuum hoses, fittings, screws etc.
- Also included is a build sheet showing each part as it was boxed for shipping and initialed by A&A's shipping manager.